• Best Digital ROI
      GetResponse surveyed 2,510 digital marketers from around the world. 42% worked at a B2C company, 19% at a B2B firm, and 39% in either one or the other. They found that email and social media ranked as the top two digital channels for delivering an excellent ROI.

18% of marketers across all industries indicated that email marketing produced a superior return on investment, social media ranked second (17%), search engine optimization came in third (14%) and social PPC (paid advertisement in Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.) followed in fourth (12%).

Across industries 51% of marketers don’t test or optimize their email marketing efforts. Of the remaining 49% – only 26% test subject lines and 14% test landing pages.

29% of marketers consider “an increase in subscribers” as the ultimate success metric for email marketing, 21% consider top-of-the-funnel (ToFu), such as opens and clicks, as their key metric, and 23% of marketers surprisingly don’t focus on any success metrics.

Similarly, respondents who work for marketing/advertising agencies also ranked email marketing (16%), social media marketing (16%), search engine optimization (15%), and social PPC (11%) as the top four channels for delivering an excellent ROI.

(MarketingProfs: 06.02.2017)