+ CASE STUDIES
Irreplaceable Success: Cost-Per-Sale decreased by 46%
- Carbonite is an online file back-up service designed for individual users, home offices and small businesses.
- Carbonite needed to build brand awareness, differentiate its product features and benefits and stimulate sales necessary to achieve a less than $100 cost-per-sale (CPS).
- Conduct market research and focus group testing to uncover and refine target profile and brand benefit insights.
- Use the research insights, such as “fear of losing critical data”, to develop resonating creative that included compelling promotional offers.
- Add brand response television as a new marketing channel to complement existing print, online and radio.
- Optimize the media campaign on an ongoing basis.
- Hawthorne’s TV spots reduced Carbonite’s CPS by an average of 46% — coming in at $52, well under its $100 CPS goal.
- This success allowed Carbonite to expand their primarily business-to-business (B2B) footprint to include business-to-consumer (B2C).